Looking for a way to advance your career? One of the best ways to gain knowledge and experience is to enroll in online accredited mba programs. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration is hard work, to be sure, but the potential benefits of higher education are well worth the work.
However, there is a flexibility of scheduling and of course choices that really sets online learning apart because you just can’t find it with on campus learning. With on campus learning, one semester you might want to take a film course as an elective, but you can’t because of scheduling. But if you take an online film course, then you can work on it whenever you want without repercussion!
Besides that, some of the top rated online mba programs also offer options exactly the same as those they offer to traditional students, so you are not missing out on anything, like that online film course for example. Distance learning MBA programs hold the same value as a traditional MBA program, but you can fit in that online film course or language course without worrying about working around your schedule!
Still not convinced that online is the way to go? Here are a few facts you may want to know about online programs. It may change the way you look at these types of programs.
- In 2008 the College Opportunity and Affordability Act was passed, which requires any online colleges that receive federal funding to verify that the student enrolled in the courses is the person that is completing the coursework, so there are no short cuts in a online degree!
- The same government sources can be utilized to fund online degrees as traditional students, as long as the school is properly accredited. So you will not be missing out on anything financially if you decide to use online MBA schools.
- You could be making more than $100,000 per year with an online degree. The road to many higher paying jobs can begin by having an online degree even if a few of the highest paying jobs such as law and medicine do require training in person.
- Over 70% of corporate supervisors rate an online or distance degree as being just as valuable or even more valuable than a traditional degree. So, you may be going into the workforce with an advantage over someone with a degree in the same field as you just by taking courses online.
- There are many options available to online students that are identical to the opportunities on campus students have. For example at Columbia University the students can earn degrees through the CVN or Columbia Video Network whether they are online or on campus learners.